Taking Good Care of Your Laptop or Computer is very important for you even if you are a regular user, internet marketer, graphic artist, website designer or just a blogger like me, or just want to use it. Many of us doesn’t know how to properly clean or maintenance it. In this tutorial I give you some pointers on how to care your computer.
Here are some tips that will keep your computer in good working performance:
- Always “Shutdown” or “Hibernate” your laptop before moving to another place (for laptop same procedure, when going out something else.). This is to prevent potential data loss when moving it.
- Shutdown your computer when leaving for the day. This ensures that your work is already saved and lessen office electricity bills.
- Use a carrying case or laptop bag when you are going somewhere , to avoid damage. Short fall can damage the hard drive and in result of complete loss of your data.
- Don’t use Windex, alcohol, or ammonia to clean LCD screens. Use Microfiber cloth (Check on CD-R King) or if you don’t have try very soft cloths for cleaning LCD screens.
- Avoid extreme heat or cold. Computers is like a human body. Never leave your laptop outside or car in long period of time.
- Never get neared on strong magnets or any equipment that can generate magnetic field, It can cause data loss.
- Keep liquids away from your laptop. As tempting as it might be to drink coffee, soda, water or any other liquid near your laptop, accidents can happen all too easily. Your computer/laptop’s keyboard will be damaged, worst case it will short circuit.
- Having antivirus software available is the best defence against a virus. Even if you know what you download, it could still contain a virus. If you choose not to have antivirus software you run the risk of a circuit error or software problem in your system. The virus may also slow down the system operations and performance. I recommend IObit, Malwarebytes, Windows Defender, Kaspersky, Avira, Avast etc.
- Don’t pull on the power cord. Tugging your power cord out from the power socket rather than pulling directly on the plug can cause the cord to break off from the plug or damage the power socket.
- Don’t use your laptop on the bed. Repeated use of a laptop on the bed will cause the fans to suck up the dust and debris in the bed, ultimately blocking the fan.
- Check that your laptop does not have too much software and bloatware running as they consume memory which is required for playing games or doing other high-end tasks.
- Be wary of unwanted installers that come with downloading files online. These installers can cause extra bloat by running perpetually in the background.
- Do a clean install of your operating system every 2 to 3 years. Clean installs will remove any unused programs and residual files from uninstalled programs.
- Use Windows ReadyBoost to utilize flash drives and other removable devices as virtual RAM. Using ReadyBoost will speed up your computer even as more programs accumulate.
- Do not try to run large or unsupported multimedia files over your computer. If your computer does not meet the specifications as it usually damages the computer in the long run.
Take note guys this is just a precaution to live your computer/laptop long enough. Always remember “Prevention it’s better than Cure” just like in your computer/laptop. If you have any suggestion feel free to comment below, write your thoughts about this topic.
248total visits,7visits today